Wouldn’t it be nice to have everything flowed into our lives effortlessly? Without struggle, without pain?
The key is to listen to you inner guidance, tune into what your heart and soul really wants, and when you hear the message, actually go and do what it says. This is what I call flow living, or living in the flow. When you listen to what your soul really wants and go for it, the universe miraculously rises up to support you in all of your endeavors. Really!
You will meet the right people to help you at the right time. You will find the money when you absolutely need it. You will find the time to do what it is you need to do. Things just work out.
I’ve experienced this so many times in my life and when I tell people about it, they tell me that the “stars aligned” for me and that it was destiny. Yes, the stars aligned and the universe supported me in my decisions, but that’s because I knew what it took to get the stars to align for me. I followed my inner guidance, my own north star.
Have you experienced this? I’m sure we’ve all experienced this at some point in our lives where we decided to do something and everything just came together miraculously. Maybe you were trying to finish a project by a deadline, plan your wedding, move to another city, get a new job, find a new client, have a baby, launch a business, or just find the perfect gift for someone… it could be anything you were trying to do.
As long as these goals are in line with your heart’s true desires, and you believe without a doubt that it is possible, then take the inspired action steps to get there, everything comes together perfectly.
What Happens When You Don’t Listen To Your Soul?
As much as we’ve experienced these magical moments in our lives, we’ve also experienced extreme pain and suffering from going against the grain of what our soul really wants for us. Perhaps we compromise our direction because we are living from fear… the need to make money, the need to do something because everyone else is doing it, or to satisfy our need to be accepted by others.
When we don’t follow our own inner guidance, we break the flow of abundance in our lives. Things become extremely hard. Instead of being energized by the direction we’re headed, we feel drained every day. That’s how you know you’re not living in the flow.
The problem most of us experience is that we have a hard time listening to our inner guidance. There’s just too much noise out there telling us so many things, sometimes very conflicting things. We don’t know which way is the best for us.
Listening To My Inner Guide
From my experience, the voice of my soul has always been a soft nudge. It begins with a random idea, and by random, I mean random! The more left-field the idea is, the more I pay attention because I knew the idea didn’t come from my logical mind.
For example, at the beginning of this year, I did an brainstorming exercise to determine what my soul really wanted in my life. I asked myself what my fantasy job and life would be. I let my imagination go and just came up with the most exciting answer I could come up with that would be impossible to achieve.
What I came up with was something I had never let myself consider before because it seemed “impossible” given my current situation in life. My soul told me that I wanted to travel around the world with my family before my baby started 1st grade. I wanted to travel to exotic destinations, sacred spiritual sites, and visit healing spas and somehow make money while living around the world.
Sounds crazy, huh? Who would think of taking a baby, uprooting a family, leaving my husband’s stable job, and traveling around the world? WIth what money? With what job? And with a baby/toddler? And with the possibility of another baby in the future? It really didn’t make any sense. But, that was what my soul wanted to do. I felt that the first destination would be Korea, which would be where we start my Asia trip.
Why rule out the possibility of such an adventure? Anything is possible, right? So even though the idea seemed crazy, it was exciting, and I kept the idea alive. After discussing with my husband when a good time to visit Korea would be to “check it out,” we decided on Sept/Oct because the weather would be nice. We decided that at the beginning of this year.
Life went on. Finally, June and July came and went. My gut started getting this feeling that I really needed to act on planning our Korea trip, but so many other things got in the way. We moved to a new place, we moved my studio into the home, we changed our baby’s day care, our home was in chaos, and we needed to plan our upcoming vacation first. There were so many things to do, so we pushed it off.
End of August came and went, and then September came. It was time! The alarms started ringing inside my body and I couldn’t ignore it anymore. We had to book our ticket and it had to be NOW! September was here and we had committed to going in Sept/Oct. We had told many people that we were going to visit Korea this year with the possibility of moving next year. We had to follow through. We decided to finally give it some attention and make it happen. We had to follow our gut.
People Will Sometimes Worry For You… Don’t Listen!
We were warned by people that the time we wanted to go was during Korean Thanksgiving, Choosuk, the same day as the biggest full moon of the year. Traffic would be crazy, all hotels would be booked, and it would be nearly impossible to find a place to stay, especially with such last minute planning. It would be too much with a baby.
Rather than listen to a string of reasons of “why we can’t,” we forged ahead.
Choosuk might be the perfect time for us to go after all. We could experience the traditions that took place that day. Plus, my husband’s parents were going to be in Korea at the same time too. Coincidence? The universe is perfectly orchestrating a master plan that takes into account everyone’s schedules. All we needed to do was trust our inner guidance, take the leap and go for it.
Funding the trip was a concern. It was going to be expensive, especially since it was last minute. Rather than focusing on that, we decided to look for alternate solutions. We asked for help. And help came!
- Booking Flights – We had some flight miles donated by my parents to purchase a ticket, so we only had to pay for one. (We had donated miles for their flights before, so we were willing to receive this time. To live in the flow, we have to engage in a constant process of giving and receiving.)
- Booking a Place To Stay – All the hotels were either fully booked or much more than we wanted to pay. I wanted to make this trip as inexpensive as possible. My friend who lives in Korea ended up being able to find a place for us to stay through a friend of a friend, and negotiate the price down to about 50% of the original price! Talk about the universe offering us abundance! Breakfast is included and the place is in a great neighborhood that my friend wanted us to spend a lot of time in. Perfect!
I knew it would all work out because I’ve experienced miracles in my life so many times before. I had faith that the universe would take care of me because I was following it’s guidance.
How To Live in Your Flow
Our inner guidance not only speaks to us about the big plans in our lives, but it also gives us information about small decisions in our life. Our life will be easier and much more enjoyable if we just listen to it.
It could be as small as a random thought to grab your cardigan before you leave your home. I’ve dismissed these little random thoughts many times and paid dearly for it. I sat freezing in a room wishing I had just grabbed that cardigan of mine!
Here are the steps to take when you’re not sure what your soul wants:
1. Take some time out with a journal and ask yourself — your heart and your soul — what it really wants. Just asking the question and taking the time to connect with yourself will help you tune into your inner compass.
2. Trust what comes up. One of the hardest things for us to do is trust the information that comes up because sometimes it’s so random or doesn’t seem to “make sense.” Trust it. Your soul knows what it wants and if you follow the guidance you will be led to a life where you just live in the flow and miracles happen every day.
3. Commit. Make a conscious commitment to follow through with the idea. If relevant, set a date or time frame to make it happen. Create a plan and trust that the plan that you devise is what you should follow. Your body and soul will communicate with you and give you ideas that are in your life’s best interest. Commit to the idea.
4. Tell People About Your Plan – Tell your friends, your family and people you meet about your plan. Telling people not only makes your idea “real,” but it also keeps you publicly accountable. People will start asking you about your progress towards your plan. The last thing you want to say is… uh, we decided not to do it. You want to show yourself and others that you will follow through with what you say you will do!
5. Make it Happen! Now that you’ve identified what you need to do and have trusted and committed to the idea and set a timeframe. Make it happen! Take the actions necessary to line everything up.
6. Ask For Help Along the Way – You are not meant to do this all alone. We all need the help of others in our journey. Ask for help. You never know who can help you, so you need to start asking people that you think might be able to help you with different parts of your plan. First, ask God/Universe/Spiritual Helpers to help you. Then, ask people for help. Research help online. Once you commit and start acting on every inspired action, the universe lines everything up for you and everything always works out. Always.
7. Believe That Everything Will Work Out. Just like #2 where you need to trust what comes up, while you are trying to make things happen, TRUST that everything will work out. Believe it. Have faith. Get to a point where you really know that everything will work out, because it will. If you truly believe that it will and cast away all down and move full force towards your goal, the universe rises to support you. Every time. Believe it! Then, watch miracles happen!
Live a life where you are flowing with the current of your life rather than against it. By choosing to do this, you will create a life you absolutely love. Your soul knows what you want more than what your brain can conceive of. Trust it!
What are some of your experiences where you followed your inner guidance and everything miraculously came together? I’d love to hear your stories! Please leave a comment below!